Make this Christmas extra special and visit Blists Hill Victorian Town with friends and family over 10 – 11 of December. Blists Hill is an open-air museum, one of ten museums operated by the Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust, built on a former industrial complex located in the Madeley area of Telford, Shropshire, England. The museum recreates the sights, sounds and smells of a Victorian Shropshire town in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into Victorian life as they go about their daily lives in their cottages, shops and places of work.
- Exchange your money at the Bank into pounds, shillings and pence
- Try some of traditionally cooked fish and chips or delicious bread from the bakery
- Find out about curious remedies in the Victorian Pharmacy
- Browse the unusual products for sale in the Grocers and the General Drapers and Outfitter
- Choose from a range of ‘old favourites’ in the sweetshop
- Take a look inside Victorian cottages and discover what life was like for a Victorian housewife
- Dress up in Victorian costume to have an unforgettable portrait taken at the photographers
- Meet the animals and enjoy a journey around the town on a horse and cart
- Witness traditional skills in action at the printers, candle makers and decorative plasterers
- Explore original industrial monuments such as the Hay Inclined Plane and Blast Furnaces
- Visit Father Christmas in his wonderful grotto, also you can even pet his reindeer before they start their mammoth journey around the world on Christmas Eve
Place: Blists Hill Victorian Town, Shropshire, England
Dates: Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 December. The museum is open from 10 am to 4 pm.